he National Dog Show on November 17 – 18, 2018 is one of only three shows in the United States that is “benched,” meaning that all dogs (estimated 2,000) from among some 200 breeds are based all day long in specific locations, available to interact with the public.
Tickets are $16 for adults, $7 for children 4-12 years. Children three and under are admitted free.* Greater Philadelphia Expo Center, 100 Station Ave, Oaks, PA Purchase advance tickets at this link.
* Temple University research shows that the average family spends three and one-half hours at the show, making the National Dog Show one of the best entertainment values in the region. Further information is available at NationalDogShow.com
*** EVENTS ***
National Dog Show Charity Walk
Sunday, October 14, 9 a.m. – noon.
Wilson Farm Park, 500 Lee Road, Wayne, PA.
- Kicks off National Dog Show Month in Philadelphia.
- Benefits eight important Delaware Valley nonprofits, including Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House.
The Perfect Dog Theatrical Production Presented by: Starving Artist Prevention
Friday, Nov. 2, 8 p.m.; Saturday, Nov. 3, 8 p.m.; Sunday, Nov. 4, 2 p.m.; Friday, Nov. 9, 8 p.m.;
Saturday, Nov. 10, 8 p.m.; Sunday, Nov. 11, 2 p.m.& Thursday, Nov. 15, 8 p.m.
The Centre Theater, 208 Dekalb St., Norristown, PA.
- Children’s musical inspired by John O’Hurley book
- Benefits Starving Artist Prevention and affiliated charities
National Dog Show Photo Exhibition
Saturday, November 10 from 6-9 p.m.
Willow Street Pictures, 2212 Penn Ave, West Lawn, PA 19609 (near Reading, PA, on Business Route 422)
- First-ever National Dog Show Photo Exhibition featuring portraits of man’s best friend with siblings, caregivers and celebrities as supporting players.
- Admission is free – light hors d’oeuvres and beverages
- In addition to local canine portraits, will include images of The National Dog Show and NBC co-hosts John O’Hurley and David Frei
- For more information, call (610) 375-3424 or visit willowstreetpictures.com.
Purina Pro Plan Performance Team Exhibition
Thursday, November 15, 12:30 p.m.
La Salle University, Philadelphia, PA 19141
- Preview of agility dog attraction for La Salle University community (not open to the public)
National Dog Show Gala
Friday, November 16, 6:30-9:30 p.m.
Valley Forge Casino, 1160 First Avenue, King of Prussia, PA.
Tickets: click here
- Benefitting Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House and Pennsylvania Veterinary Foundation
- Red Carpet Cocktail Hour, Dinner and Entertainment
Kennel Club of Philadelphia’s National Dog Show
Saturday & Sunday, November 17-18, All Day
Greater Philadelphia Expo Center at Oaks, 100 Station Avenue, Oaks, PA.
- Features 2,000-plus show dogs from some 190 breeds in conformation competition and agility dogs, search and rescue dogs, therapy dogs demonstrations as part of century-old Philadelphia tradition.
- Saturday’s show is the National Dog Show presented by Purina® aired nationally Thanksgiving Day
- Benefits Kennel Club of Philadelphia favored charities. Past recipients include Canine Health Foundation Veterinary School at the University of Pennsylvania and Take The Lead.